Sunday, November 1, 2009

Relapse and A Bitter Goodbye

I'm not going to lie.

Coffee kicked my butt this week.

It started out so simple...very little sleep one night and the idea that i wasn't scheduled to sing anytime in the next week...led to my first sip. Which then led to my next one and next one...until before you know it, I'd had at least one cup of coffee a day for five days in a row. Saturday morning I literally said "not today...no coffee for me". And my cousin so temptingly replied "but it's Halloween."

And I caved.

And two hours later i got a text...and then spent the rest of the weekend singing. Like garbage mind you. Five days of coffee will do that to me.

So now, with what feels like bleeding vocal chords...I once again proclaim that I am through with you coffee.

In this love/hate relationship i have going with you, the hate is currently winning.
So again, I say farewell. You serve me well for a short time but it's not worth it in the long run.

Goodbye again sweet friend.

No comments: