Friday, November 6, 2009

I Heart

A couple of nights ago I went to see Hillsong United's "I heart" film. It was eye opening and life changing to say the least. I'm still processing a lot of what I saw and heard...but a couple of quotes/scripture jumped out to me that I have just not been able to stop thinking about.
This will have to do until i can form sentences about the ways my heart was broken for the broken in this world.

"When we're apathetic, it's not like we're sleeping through the fire. We're actually fanning the flame."

"If what we do inside the 4 walls of the church doesn't affect the streets we took to get there...maybe we're missing the point."

"I can't stand your religious meetings.
I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions.
I want nothing to do with your religion projects,
your pretentious slogans and goals.
I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes,
your public relations and image making.
I've had all I can of your noisy ego-music.
When was the last time you sang to me?
Do you know what i want?
I want justice-oceans of it.
I want fairness-rivers of it.
That's what I want.
That's all I want."
Amos 5:21-24

No comments: