Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What Is Wrong With Me???

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday there is...for two reasons.
1. A holiday all about eating? I'll take it.
2. It kicks off the Christmas season. My favorite time of the year :)

But for some reason, I've had a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. It just doesn't feel like Christmas to me yet. I went with my family to the Christmas tree farm this weekend to pick out a tree. We listened to the same Christmas album that we do every year when we decorate and ate the same amazing cheesedip my dad makes just for the occasion every year. Directly after that I went to church where it was the first weekend for us to use any Christmas songs. And directly after that I went to Callie's and decorated her tree, made (well, tried to make...) a ginger bread house and watched Home Alone.

You'd think that after all that day had to offer that I would be brimming with Christmas spirit. But still...nothing.

Until yesterday. When one of my patients brought in a tray of cheese and crackers. With a bow on it.

And that seemed to do the trick. Because i am now officially filled with holiday cheer.
And a little concerned that it wasn't family or friends or atmosphere that moved me to be happy about Christmas...but it was cheese.

I've got to check my priorities.

And i promise that my next post will not be about cheese. I promise to get a life from here on out :)

2 comments:

A Dawn said...

Umm...cheese is amazing. Never downplay the power of cheese and crackers Rebecca. Just accept and go with the magic of it. Cheese cubes are the best.
P.S. It's nice reading about you and your life. I miss you. I am so proud of all my eagles...

Rebecca said...

Angela! I of course miss you as well! You don't know how excited i get whenever you blog...seriously!

And yes...cheese is...amazing :)